Saturday, February 19, 2011

Finishing up brakes...

So it had been awhile since I had done a ton of work to the Jeep...today I made up for it. My original plans were to use the old front 10" brake backing plates from my Jeepster on the rear of Red...but when I found out the wheel cylinders could not fit because of the axle tube flange being in the way...I opted to just put the stock 9" brakes back on the rear. I installed a Lockright locker in the rear, stuffed the axles back in, and here's a shot of the brakes with the drum ready to go on.


Shot of the freshly-stuffed Lockright locker for the rear.

Shot of the freshly powdercoated rear diff cover.


Then onto the fronts, where I did another disk brake conversion on the front. Feel free to email me if you have any questions on how to do this. Essentially you use Chevy truck caliper brackets, which bolt right up to the Dana 30 front, Chevy truck calipers, pads, and hoses, and rotors from a 78-79 CJ7, which oddly enough, fit a 70-72 International Scout too. Everything bolts up like magic. No more crummy 9" front drum brakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment